Hilton has launched #EatDrinkHilton, a seasonal produce dining campaign across its 40 properties in South East Asia. As part of #EatDrinkHilton, a select seasonal produce is highlighted as the ingredient of the month, based on which Hilton’s chefs across its hotels in South East Asia would create locally inspired culinary innovations that showcase the creativity and rich culture of each market.
The campaign celebrates the use of sustainably sourced, seasonal local ingredients to connect with the deep cultural relevance of dining in the region, whilst satisfying the needs of an increasingly diverse culinary landscape. The monthly ingredients are part of an annual calendar of seasonal produce ingredients that coincide with regional and global seasons and festivals.
“Food and beverage are a crucial part of Hilton’s operations in South East Asia and around the world, as we continue to deliver exceptional experiences to our guests and local community. Across every destination what makes us stand out amongst the industry, especially to locals residing in each city, is our remarkable food and beverage offerings and exceptional service,” says Paul Hutton, vice president, operations, South East Asia, Hilton.
“Through #EatDrinkHilton, we hope to further inspire creative excellence among our chefs in South East Asia and at the same time encourage our guests and customers to appreciate the rich culinary heritage in the region through our chefs’ creations which are inspired by traditional cooking methods and flavors,” Hutton added.
Since the campaign started its pilot earlier this year, some of the ingredients featured have included mint leaves, tea, chocolate, lemongrass and coconut milk. Locally in Thailand, some of the unique creations which have emerged are:
• Baked pineapple rice with curry and prawns by Chef Tom by Double Tree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
• Crispy pancake with Thai tea mousse cake by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
• Unagi Ochazuke - Cooked Japanese rice topped with grilled Unagi in teriyaki sauce served with Japanese pickles and Sencha green tea by Hilton Pattaya
• Grilled Australian beef tenderloin with chocolate and wine reduction and grilled garden vegetables by Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
• Grilled Angus grain fed hanging tender with chili chocolate sauce by Millennium Hilton Bangkok
• Mieng Takai - A traditional Thai appetizer with deep fried sea bass, Thai herbs, pomelo, cashew nut, tamarind, and lemongrass by Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
• Spicy octopus salad with lemongrass sorbet By Conrad Koh Samui
• Khao Soi Gai – A Northern Thai coconut curry noodle soup with chicken by Conrad Bangkok
Come November, the seasonal ingredient in focus will be ginger, a culinary ingredient widely used in food and beverage preparation across South East Asia. In line with the festive season in December, cinnamon will be the ingredient of the month to spice up the year-end festivities. Some of the new November and December seasonal creations from Hilton hotels in Thailand include the following dishes:
November ginger inspired dishes are:
• Kaeng Hang Le – Braised Kurobuta pork belly, confit garlic and fresh ginger in Northern curry sauce by Conrad Koh Samui
• Snow fish and grilled seafood with ginger tomato sauce by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
• Buta shogayaki by DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
• Coconut panna cotta with ginger and pineapple ratatouille by Millennium Hilton Bangkok
• Baked whole trout with ginger, lemon and fennel served with hollandaise sauce by Hilton Pattaya
• Pha Hoi Shell - a spicy scallop salad with ginger, lemongrass, chilli, lime and coriander by Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
December cinnamon inspired dishes:
• Japanese-Style Risotto Kurobuta Pork Cinnamon Flavor by Conrad Bangkok
• Apple Cinnamon Tart by Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Hilton has also unveiled the list of ingredients for #EatDrinkHilton 2019, starting the year with nourishing ingredients such as nuts and sugar cane . In addition to unique culinary creations, the seasonal produce ingredients are extended across various touchpoints along the guest journey experience with Hilton at these properties, from locally inspired welcome drinks, to turndown amenities and scented refresher towels for guests upon arrival.
In line with rapidly changing food trends, with today’s “foodies” becoming increasingly social media savvy, #EatDrinkHilton encourages Team Members, guests and diners to share their #EatDrinkHilton experience across social media channels, to inspire conversation and raise awareness of the campaign. From now till November 30, 2018, guests and diners who share their experiences stand a chance to win a 2-night stay at any participating hotel in South East Asia.
To find out more about the campaign, past creations by chefs, and upcoming ingredients of the month, follow #EatDrinkHilton on Instagram and Twitter today.
333/101 Moo 9, Nong Prue, Banglamung, Pattaya, Chonburi, 20260.